Frequently Asked Questions
What is FastMobileTrade.com and which gadgets can I sell?
How can I find out what type of gadget I have and how much it's worth?
How long does it take to receive payment for my gadget?
Why is the price I was quoted different to actual price offered?
Does the colour of the phone matter?
How can FastMobileTrade.com pay more when the market leaders pay less?
What if my network provider has locked my mobile phone or tablet?
Do you buy "stolen / barred / Blacklisted" mobile phones?
Do you buy fakes?
How many phones, tablets or MacBooks can I sell to you?
Please read the "Item Condition" guide below carefully to ensure we pay you the full amount and without any delay.
What do I need to send to you in order to get paid the full amount?
What is an IMEI number?
Why do you need the IMEI?
How long is the price I uploaded the phone for valid, what happens if it goes down?
How do I send my order to you?
Do I need to pay for the postage?
How do I know when you have my item?
How do I know when you have sent payment?
What happens if my item is lost in the post? How do I get paid?
I sent my item(s) ages ago, why haven't I been paid?
- The item may have been lost in the post, please check the tracking information online.
- You may not have included the ORDER REFERENCE with your phone, so we have no idea who you are - Please email us with the phones IMEI number or item's serial number and tracking reference.
- We may have the item and it was tested as faulty or an incorrect model. We will have emailed you information about this, please check your email (including your SPAM FOLDER!)
We specialise in purchasing the latest smartphones, mobile phones, tablets and other electrical items. If an item is not listed on our site please give us a call to verify if we still buy that item.
We recommend you take note of your IMEI number in case there is a problem with your order. Your IMEI number can be found printed on the box itself.
Each mobile phone, tablet or MacBook sold to us should match the make and model in the sale order and meet the following conditions:
Brand New and Boxed
To receive the full value of your new mobile phone, tablet or MacBook is dependent on ALL of these conditions being met below:
- The item must be in perfect working order with NO faults and completely unused (deleted calls or data can still be located).
- The device must be original (UK/European spec) and meet the manufacturer's original specifications.
- The item should not be at any case a refurbished /reconditioned, an insurance replacement or a counterfeit.
- The item should not have its sim or memory card glued in.
- If it's a mobile phone, there must be no calls or "personal data" saved on the phone and call timer must be zero.
- All phones should have no calls have been made or received or else phone is classified as used.
- The item must not have any marks or scratches on the body or screen.
- All protective screen seals must not have never been removed and show no signs of use.
- The box of the item should be of original manufacturer, not generated or white box and it should not be damaged, ripped or damaged in any way.
- The IMEI or serial number on the box must match that on the phone (damaged or missing IMEI stickers or serial numbers are not permitted).
- All unopened accessories (battery, mains charger, headphones) and user manuals etc. must be supplied, original and be completely unused and brand new.
- The memory card, stylus, etc. should be included if one was supplied by the manufacturer of service provider.
- The phone must have no icloud account on it, any pin codes must be removed and Find My iPhone or similar feature switched off.
If you submit a sale order with an item that you have classed as "Brand New Boxed" and we test and find that the item is not "brand new boxed", we shall tell you this and supply you with the fault reason and a revised price for your item by e-mail & text. You will have 72 hours to accept or decline our offer by replying to our email to you and pressing the Accept or Decline button or emailing us with subject Accept/Decline Revised Price. If you do not reply within 72 hours we shall process your order at the revised price.
If you request an item back that has failed testing (previously classified by you as brand new boxed) we can return it if you pay the £10 handling charge
Must be in full working order. Buttons/keys all working. No cracks present on the device. Good cosmetic condition ie:
to receive the full indicative value for your mobile phone/device, it must power-up (turn on) and be in full working condition (meaning that all features must be in good working order) and must not have any significant cosmetic damage i.e. more then minor wear and tear, this should not include cracks including hairline cracks either on the body or the LCD, impact damage on the phone in the form of dents or scuffs, or scratching on the phone again on the screen or body of the phone). By way of example only, damage classed as significant includes cracks on the device body; broken or cracked LCD screens; camera function not working or camera damage; buttons missing from the mobile phone/device or other keypad damage; multiple scratches or dents; snapped hinges; charger port not working; microphone damage; earpiece damage; or software which is faulty or defective, etc. The phone must have no icloud account on it, any pin codes must be removed and Find My iPhone or similar feature switched off
Mobile phones/devices must have original genuine batteries enclosed within the mobile phone/device casing; not be barred; PIN locked or water damaged; appear in or online guide; be of UK specification; and not be lost or stolen. This list is not exhaustive. When we inspect or test your mobile phone/device, we will not pay as much as the original indicative value if we find that your mobile phone/device does not comply with all these conditions.
Mobile phones/devices not listed on our website will be automatically recycled where possible, subject to these Terms. Such mobile phones/devices cannot be returned under any circumstances. Please ensure you are happy to send such mobile phones/devices to us for recycling only. You will not receive any payment for such mobile phones/devices. We accept the return of mobile phone/devices boxes, battery charges and mobile phone/device accessories but they do not increase mobile phone/device value and will not be returned if requested.
You can choose to continue the sale for the revised value or decline it. You must reply to us within 72 hours of receiving our email informing you of the revised price. If you decide to decline the offer and want your phone returned we will charge an £10 handing fee and will return the mobile phone/device, the sale will not progress and our agreement will terminate.
Damaged handsets must power up to receive the full displayed value on our website. If they fail to power up or show any signs of life we will send you a revised offer. Where possible, we offer value for a damaged mobile phone/device, but shall not be obliged to do so nor purchase any damaged mobile phone/device. Damaged mobile phones/devices will be traded using the same process as for all other mobile phones/devices. If we determine your mobile phone/device is damaged, we may, at our discretion, pay for the damaged mobile phone/device but the value will be as indicated on our website. Accordingly, if a mobile phone/device that we receive is damaged, then we will value the mobile phone/device to take account of the damage and send a revised value by email. In some cases, values will be zero if mobile phones/devices are beyond economical repair or have multiple faults (e.g. water damage and cracked LCD screen). The phone must have no icloud account on it, any pin codes must be removed and Find My iPhone or similar feature switched off. A revised value will only be given once the mobile phone/device has been tested or inspected.
You can decide whether to continue with the revised sale or whether to decline it in which case, you will be charged a £10 handling fee and we will send your mobile phone/device back within 14 days, the sale will not continue and our agreement will terminate. To accept of decline a revised value, either reply back to the revised offer email or contact us via telephone. If you do not respond within 72 hours, starting on the day on which we email the revised value, we will automatically process your mobile phone/device sale after that time using the new price.
Mobile phones/devices in pieces or parts or mobile phones/devices that have no value, will not be returned and we may recycle or dispose of them at our discretion.